The Canis Majoris Foundation is a non-profit
organization created in 2011 with the main purpose
of working in the field of functional diversity and
psychosocial risk of exclusion.
We envisage and carry out our work through
activities that comprehensively cover a
broad spectrum ranging from biomedical
research to dissemination, also through
assistance and training, with the main
goal of working in the non-difference
Learn more about our history
To accomplish this mission, the Foundation is based on the
1. Comprehension of functional diversity and psychosocial
risk of exclusion as complex phenomena that require
2. Structuring our work through departments and
clearly defined program that are transversal and
subject to continuous assessment.
3. Fostering Synergies with other agencies
(public and / or private) also working in the field
of functional diversity and psychosocial risk of
4. To value human capital as the driving
force of our activities and prioritise their
training both in values and techniques.
5. Maintain a constant relationship with the various
institutions of civil society strengthening collaboration
and volunteering programs.
6. Transparency and dissemination of our ideas and work
through traditional and digital media.