With this initiative, the Foundation wants to recognize and promote awareness about the work of thousands of scientists who are investigating to find a definitive response to SARS-Cov-2.
Facing the pandemic there is another battle line: Antivirals, screening tests, drugs, treatments or the long-awaited vaccine, among others, are right now occupying the minds of our scientists who are fighting round the clock to confront this virus that is ravaging the entire world.
The scientific community is doubling its efforts so that we can return to normality. They are the unsung heroes of this crisis, those who with their silent work as quiet achievers will bring about the solution to allow us to be able to go out in public without fear.
For this reason, from here at the Canis Majoris Foundation we have launched a campaign in appreciation of their work and dedication. Although we are faced with such amajor task, this is a minor recognition, we believe that it is a unique opportunity to make the work of our researchers visible and remind society of the fundamental work they carry out: Without science there is no future.
We thank all the research teams that have participated in the initiative and who have made the preparation of this small tribute possible:
- Research team of Dr. Ciara O’Sullivan from the Rovira and Virgili University of Tarragona.
- Research team of Dr. Francisco Fernández-Acero. Microbiology Laboratory of the Institute of Vitivinicultural and Agri-Food Research (IVAGRO) of the University of Cádiz
- Research team of Dr. Julia Revuelta Crespo of the Institute of General Organic Chemistry-CSIC.
- Research team of Dr. José Manuel Martínez Costas of the Singular Center for Research in Biological Chemistry and Molecular Materials (CIQUS)
and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Santiago de Compostela.
- Research team of Dr. Raúl Alelú-Paz. Neuroscience Laboratory Elena Pessino Gómez del Campo.
We say THANK YOU! to ALL of you